Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists dentist during examination and treatment of patients: Prepares patient, sterilizes and disinfects instruments, sets up instrument trays, prepares materials, and assists dentist during dental procedures.
- 2) Takes and records medical and dental histories and vital signs of patient.
- 3) Exposes dental diagnostic x rays.
- 4) Makes preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
- 5) Pours, trims, and polishes study casts, fabricates custom impression trays from preliminary impressions, cleans and polishes removable appliances, and fabricates temporary restorations.
- 6) Assists dentist in management of medical and dental emergencies.
- 7) Instructs patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs.
- 8) Provides postoperative instructions prescribed by dentist.
- 9) Records treatment information in patient records.
- 10) Schedules appointments, prepares bills and receives payment for dental services, completes insurance forms, and maintains clerical records, manually or using computer.
- 11) May clean teeth, using dental instruments.
- 12) May apply protective coating of fluoride to teeth.
Is being a "DENTAL ASSISTANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DENTAL ASSISTANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DENTAL ASSISTANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DENTAL ASSISTANT"
Job Number: 2775