Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Compiles demurrage charges, using basic rates from rate tables: Communicates with consignee by telephone or letter to notify consignee of date and time of arrival of freight shipment, location, and allowable time for moving or unloading freight before demurrage charges are levied.
- 2) Reviews bills of lading and other shipping documents to ascertain number of carloads of shipment and computes demurrage charges, using basic rates from rate table and adding or calculating machine.
- 3) Prepares demurrage bill and forwards it to consignee or shipper.
- 4) May reconsign or reroute cars on order from shippers.
- 5) May prepare new waybills and bills of lading on receipt of notice of sale of carload of freight from shipper.
Is being a "DEMURRAGE CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DEMURRAGE CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DEMURRAGE CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DEMURRAGE CLERK"
Job Number: 2773