Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs defective parts of airplane deicers: Cuts out premarked defects, such as cracks and blisters, from rubber plies of deicer with knife.
- 2) Buffs defective area to prepare it for patching, using portable electric buffer.
- 3) Mends wiring defects in electric deicers, using soldering iron.
- 4) Cuts out and patches defective spots in rubberized-fabric air tubes and manifolds of pneumatic deicers.
- 5) Swabs defective area of rubber plies with rubber cement to provide adhesive surface.
- 6) Positions uncured rubber patch on defective area and rolls down with hand roller to promote adherence.
- 7) Trims excess rubber from patch with knife.
- 8) Cures and vulcanizes patch, using portable vulcanizing equipment.
- 9) Lifts repaired deicer to handtruck for removal to inspection department.
- 10) May be designated according to type of deicer repaired as Deicer Repairer, Electric; Deicer Repairer, Pneumatic.
Is being a "DEICER REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DEICER REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DEICER REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DEICER REPAIRER"
Job Number: 2757