"DEICER ASSEMBLER, ELECTRIC"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles precut rubberized fabric, gum-rubber ply stocks, and wiring elements to make electric deicers for airplanes: Determines location for rubber ply stock and wiring elements on building form, following guidelines on form or using template and blueprints.
- 2) Positions rubber ply stocks and element in specified sequence on building form, and secures them in place with rubber cement.
- 3) Solders wire element connections at specified locations.
- 4) Compresses assembled ply stocks with roller to remove wrinkles and promote adherence.
- 5) Cuts and cements strips of gum rubber around wires for insulation and reinforcement.
- 6) Trims excess ply stock from assembled deicer with knife.
- 7) May verify electrical resistance of deicer by clamping deicer lead wires to testing device.
- 8) May cover deicer with nylon blanket and tape it to building form.
- 9) May assemble pneumatic deicers and be designated Deicer Assembler, Pneumatic.
Is being a "DEICER ASSEMBLER, ELECTRIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DEICER ASSEMBLER, ELECTRIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DEICER ASSEMBLER, ELECTRIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DEICER ASSEMBLER, ELECTRIC"
Job Number: 2753