Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment that dehairs slaughtered hogs preparatory to dressing: Turns steam and water valves to fill scalding tank with water and heat it to specified temperature.
- 2) Starts machine conveyors, and releases hogs shackled to overhead rail to drop them into tank by tripping lever on shackle or prying shackle loose with steel bar.
- 3) Pushes hogs through vat and into dehairing machine, using pole, or hooks hog's leg to conveyor chain that pulls hog through tank and dehairing machine.
- 4) May cut slit in leg to expose tendon for hooking to conveyor chain.
- 5) Opens exit door of machine and pulls carcass onto conveyor.
- 6) May be known according to specific task performed as Dropper, Dehairing Machine; Feed-in Tender, Dehairing Machine; Pull-Through Hooker; Scalder.
Is being a "DEHAIRING-MACHINE TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DEHAIRING-MACHINE TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DEHAIRING-MACHINE TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DEHAIRING-MACHINE TENDER"
Job Number: 2750