"DEEP SUBMERGENCE VEHICLE OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Commands and pilots deep submergence vehicle to obtain oceanographic research information, recover other sunken vessels or objects from ocean floor, and to transport passengers, such as scientists, researchers, and technicians to ocean bottom: Conducts predive and postdive inspection of vehicle to ensure vehicle is seaworthy and life support systems are functioning in specified manner.
- 2) Reads gauges to verify hydraulic fluid, air pressure, and oxygen are at designated levels.
- 3) Navigates vehicle based on such knowledge as ocean, currents, and vehicle characteristics.
- 4) Pushes and pulls control levers on console to steer vehicle.
- 5) Pushes switches to supply power to various units, such as mainpower supply and mechanical arms which are located outside of vehicle and are used to pick up, collect, or move objects on ocean floor.
- 6) Monitors sonar and navigational aids.
- 7) Directs subordinates in their activities.
- 8) Occasionally instructs students in operation of vehicle.
Is being a "DEEP SUBMERGENCE VEHICLE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DEEP SUBMERGENCE VEHICLE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DEEP SUBMERGENCE VEHICLE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DEEP SUBMERGENCE VEHICLE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 2743