"DECKHAND, FISHING VESSEL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties aboard fishing vessel: Stands lookout, steering, and engine-room watches.
- 2) Attaches nets, slings, hooks, and other lifting devices to cables, booms, and hoists.
- 3) Loads equipment and supplies aboard vessel by hand or using hoisting equipment.
- 4) Signals other workers to move, hoist, and position loads.
- 5) Rows boats and dinghies and operates skiffs to transport fishers, divers, and sponge hookers and to tow and position nets.
- 6) Attaches accessories, such as floats, weights, and markers to nets and lines.
- 7) Pulls and guides nets and lines onto vessel.
- 8) Removes fish from nets and hooks.
- 9) Sorts and cleans marine life and returns undesirable and illegal catch to sea.
- 10) Places catch in containers and stows in hold and covers with salt and ice.
- 11) Washes deck, conveyors, knives and other equipment, using brush, detergent, and water.
- 12) Lubricates, adjusts, and makes minor repairs to engines and equipment.
- 13) Secures and removes vessel's docking lines to and from docks and other vessels.
- 14) May be designated according to type of vessel worked as Deckhand, Clam Dredge; Deckhand, Crab Boat; Deckhand, Oyster Dredge; Deckhand, Shrimp Boat; Deckhand, Sponge Boat; Deckhand, Tuna Boat.
Is being a "DECKHAND, FISHING VESSEL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DECKHAND, FISHING VESSEL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DECKHAND, FISHING VESSEL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DECKHAND, FISHING VESSEL"
Job Number: 2726