Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that circulates steam through cloth wound on perforated cylinder to develop luster, improve hand, remove wrinkles, and shrink cloth: Turns handwheels to set guides according to width of cloth, and pressure roll of winding unit according to tension specified.
- 2) Laps end of cloth and wrapper around cylinder or pins cloth to leader.
- 3) Starts machine to wind cloth and wrapper into single roll.
- 4) Sets controls to admit steam into rotating cylinder and force steam through cloth roll, and to draw air back through cloth to cool and dry cloth following instructions for style of cloth.
- 5) Winds cloth and wrapper onto separate rolls, and doffs rolls of cloth, using hoist, or unwinds cloth through swing-folding attachment.
- 6) May tend machine that automatically steams, removes moisture, unwinds, and folds cloth.
- 7) May press cloth in electric pressing machine.
- 8) May tend machine that initially draws cloth over steam trough for priming.
- 9) May tend decator that finishes cloth and be designated Full-Decator Operator.
Is being a "DECATING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DECATING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DECATING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DECATING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 2720