Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs one or more of following duties to deblock and clean precision ophthalmic or optical elements, such as lenses, flats, prisms: Chills blocked element to crystallize pitch or other block adhesive and strikes block with mallet to separate element from block, or heats block to soften adhesive and removes element with fingers.
- 2) Places lenses and elements in basket and immerses basket in degreasing tank or automatic cleaning machine.
- 3) Places elements in tray of solvent.
- 4) Cleans finished surfaces of element with pad and brush and rubs unfinished surfaces on board dusted with abrasive to remove foreign substances.
- 5) Inspects lens to ensure cleanliness and freedom from defects.
- 6) Sprays or brushes protective coating on element, allows coating to dry, and places in element tray or wraps in tissue.
- 7) Replenishes solvents in trays and tanks.
- 8) Drains molten metal block adhesive from machine or tank for reuse.
- 9) May clean pitch from surface of block, using hammer, knife, and wire wheel.
Is being a "DEBLOCKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DEBLOCKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DEBLOCKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DEBLOCKER"
Job Number: 2709