"DATA COMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs and repairs data communications lines and equipment for computer system, using handtools and test instruments: Reviews work orders to move, change, install, repair, or remove data communications equipment, such as modems, cables, and wires.
- 2) Reads technical manuals to learn correct settings for equipment.
- 3) Measures, cuts, and installs wires and cables.
- 4) Splices wires or cables, using handtools or soldering iron.
- 5) Connects microcomputer or terminal to data communication lines, using handtools and following diagrams and manuals.
- 6) Disassembles equipment and inspects and tests wiring to locate and repair problem.
- 7) Modifies equipment in accordance with user request.
- 8) Tests communication lines to ensure that specifications are met, using testing instruments such as voltmeter and data scope.
- 9) Enters commands into computer to test equipment.
- 10) Reads messages on computer screen to verify that data is being transmitted between locations according to specifications.
- 11) May plan layout and installation of data communications equipment.
- 12) May demonstrate use of equipment.
Is being a "DATA COMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DATA COMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DATA COMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DATA COMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 2700