"DATA COMMUNICATIONS ANALYST"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Researches, tests, evaluates, and recommends data communications hardware and software: Identifies areas of operation which need upgraded equipment, such as modems, fiber optic cables, and telephone wires.
- 2) Conducts survey to determine user needs.
- 3) Reads technical manuals and brochures to determine equipment which meets establishment requirements.
- 4) Visits vendors to learn about available products or services.
- 5) Tests and evaluates hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system, using equipment such as computer terminal and modem.
- 6) Analyzes test data and recommends hardware or software for purchase.
- 7) Develops and writes procedures for installation, use, and solving problems of communications hardware and software.
- 8) Monitors system performance.
- 9) Trains users in use of equipment.
- 10) Assists users to identify and solve data communication problems.
- 11) May write technical specifications to send to vendors for bid.
- 12) May oversee or assist in installation of communications hardware.
- 13) May perform minor equipment repairs.
Is being a "DATA COMMUNICATIONS ANALYST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DATA COMMUNICATIONS ANALYST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DATA COMMUNICATIONS ANALYST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DATA COMMUNICATIONS ANALYST"
Job Number: 2699