"DATA BASE ADMINISTRATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Coordinates physical changes to computer data bases; and codes, tests, and implements physical data base, applying knowledge of data base management system: Designs logical and physical data bases or reviews description of changes to data base design to understand how changes to be made affect physical data base.
- 2) Establishes physical data base parameters.
- 3) Codes data base descriptions and specifies identifiers of data base to data base management system or directs others in coding data base descriptions.
- 4) Calculates optimum values for data base parameters, such as amount of computer memory to be used by data base, following manuals and using calculator.
- 5) Specifies user access level for each segment of one or more data items, such as insert, replace, retrieve, or delete data.
- 6) Specifies which users can access data bases and what data can be accessed by user.
- 7) Tests and corrects errors, and refines changes to data base.
- 8) Enters codes to create production data base.
- 9) Selects and enters codes of utility program to monitor data base performance, such as distribution of records and amount of available memory.
- 10) Directs programmers and analysts to make changes to data base management system.
- 11) Reviews and corrects programs.
- 12) Answers user questions.
- 13) Confers with coworkers to determine impact of data base changes on other systems and staff cost for making changes to data base.
- 14) Modifies data base programs to increase processing performance, referred to as performance tuning.
- 15) Workers typically specialize in one or more types of data base management systems.
Is being a "DATA BASE ADMINISTRATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "DATA BASE ADMINISTRATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "DATA BASE ADMINISTRATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "DATA BASE ADMINISTRATOR"
Job Number: 2697