Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Studies plant and animal cells: Selects and sections minute particles of animal or plant tissue for microscopic study, using microtome and other equipment and employs stain techniques to make cell structures visible or to differentiate parts: Studies parts of cells and details of cell division into new cells, using microscope.
- 2) Analyzes cells concerned with reproduction, and means by which chromosomes divide or unite.
- 3) Studies formation of sperm and eggs in animal sex glands and origin of blood and tissue cells.
- 4) Conducts research in physiology of unicellular organisms, such as protozoa, to ascertain physical and chemical factors involved in growth.
- 5) Studies influence of physical and chemical factors upon malignant and normal cells.
- 6) Evaluates exfoliated, asperated, or abraded cells to assess hormonal status and presence of atypical or malignant changes.
- 7) May be designated according to specialty as Animal Cytologist; Plant Cytologist.
Is being a "CYTOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CYTOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CYTOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CYTOLOGIST"
Job Number: 2686