Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects gas cylinders to detect surface defects and tests elasticity of cylinder walls: Removes valve from cylinder, using wrench or valve-removal machine Inspects exterior and interior of cylinder to detect dirt, rust scale, dents, and arc burns.
- 2) Fills cylinder with water, seals cylinder and immerses cylinder in water-filled jacket, using chain hoist.
- 3) Screws fittings and turns valve or starts pump to create pressure that expands cylinder wall.
- 4) Compares pressure gauge or burette reading with specifications and segregates cylinders that exceed prescribed expansion limits.
- 5) Stamps test data and company symbol on cylinder.
- 6) Records test results, cylinder serial number, and test date.
- 8) May be designated according to size of cylinder inspected as Ton-Cylinder Inspector.
Is being a "CYLINDER INSPECTOR-AND-TESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CYLINDER INSPECTOR-AND-TESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CYLINDER INSPECTOR-AND-TESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CYLINDER INSPECTOR-AND-TESTER"
Job Number: 2677