Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment to fill cylinders and other containers with liquefied or compressed gases: Changes cylinder valves with wrench, or adjusts them to prescribed tension, using torque wrench.
- 2) Rolls cylinders onto platform scale, or positions cylinders in manifold racks manually or with chain hoist.
- 3) Connects lines from manifold to cylinders, using wrench.
- 4) Fills cylinders by any of following methods: Sets pressure gauge to specified reading and listens for buzzer indicating completion of filling.
- 5) Adjusts valves and observes gauge to fill cylinders to specified pressure.
- 6) Observes scale indicator to fill cylinders to specified weight.
- 7) Fills cylinder to excess, rolls cylinder onto scale, and connects exhaust line to release excess gas and attain prescribed gross weight.
- 8) Sprays or brushes chemical solution onto cylinder valve to test for leaks.
- 9) Fills out and attaches warning and identification tags or decals, specifying tare and gross weight, cylinder number, type of gas, and date filled, and records data.
- 10) May test gas for purity, using burette or other testing equipment.
- 11) May inspect or test empty cylinder.
- 12) May evacuate residual gases from cylinders.
- 13) May test filled cylinders for specified gas pressure by connecting gauge and comparing reading with chart.
- 14) May tend and maintain generator or compressor in filling process.
- 15) May be designated according to type of container filled as Ton-Container Filler; Tube-Trailer Filler.
Is being a "CYLINDER FILLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CYLINDER FILLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CYLINDER FILLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CYLINDER FILLER"
Job Number: 2675