Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that cuts candy, such as caramel, nougat, or fudge, in pieces or strips of specified size: Cuts slab of candy into sections, using knife.
- 2) Selects cutting disks, mounted on shaft, according to specified width of cut, and installs cutting disks in machine.
- 3) Places candy on conveyor that carries it under rotating disks for cutting into strips.
- 4) Repositions cut strips on conveyor or feeds strips against knife so that slicing occurs at right angle to first cut, forming square or oblong pieces of candy suitable for shipment or further processing.
- 5) Weighs random samples to ensure conformity of product with size and weight specifications.
- 6) Dusts candy with flour or starch to prevent sticking.
- 7) May tend machine equipped with two cutting heads, and device that changes feed angle so that candy is automatically sliced into strips and cut into pieces of specified size and shape.
- 8) May be designated according to candy processed as Caramel Cutter, Machine; Mint-Machine Operator; Nougat Cutter, Machine.
Is being a "CUTTING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CUTTING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CUTTING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CUTTING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 2670