"CUTTER, WOODWIND REEDS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Feeds machines that saw and abrade cane into woodwind instrument reeds: Places stalk of cane against length guide on table of bandsawing machine that cuts cane to length.
- 2) Sorts cut pieces by diameter.
- 3) Splits pieces into strips, using hand-operated splitting device.
- 4) Places strips into blanking-machine that cuts excess material from strips to form reed blanks.
- 5) Places blanks on conveyor belt that feeds against rotating sanding disk.
- 6) Inserts blank into holding device of cutting machine that tapers one end of reed blank.
- 7) Removes tapered reeds and sorts, using gauge.
Is being a "CUTTER, WOODWIND REEDS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CUTTER, WOODWIND REEDS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CUTTER, WOODWIND REEDS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CUTTER, WOODWIND REEDS"
Job Number: 2658