Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates self-propelled machine to saw channel along working face of coal, salt, or other nonmetal mine to facilitate blasting: Drives unit into working area on tracks or crawler treads.
- 2) Starts endless chain equipped with teeth that travel around edge of cutter bar and cut into working face.
- 3) Moves levers to advance cutter bar into face and across bottom or down side of face to complete horizontal or vertical cut.
- 4) May adjust and repair machine and replace dull teeth, using wrench and pry bar.
- 5) May shovel debris from channel to facilitate blasting.
- 6) May cut entries between rooms and haulageways and be designated Entry-Driver Operator.
- 7) May cut slots along working face of salt mine deposits and be designated Side-Shearing-Machine Operator.
Is being a "CUTTER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CUTTER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CUTTER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CUTTER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 2643