"CUTTER, MACHINE I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cuts multiple layers of fabric into parts for articles, such as canvas goods, house furnishings, garments, hats, stuffed toys, and upholstered furniture, using portable electric cutter: Inserts base of cutter under layers of fabric, starts cutter, and guides cutter around edges of pattern or template or along markings on fabric to cut out parts.
- 2) Drills holes through layers of fabric, using electric drill, or cuts notches in edges of parts with scissors or electric cutter to mark parts for assembly.
- 3) Sharpens blade with abrasive stone or belt attached to cutter as quality of cut indicates dull blade.
- 4) Changes cutter blades, using screwdriver or wrench.
- 5) May guide layers of fabric around blade of stationary cutter, according to pattern markings.
- 6) May spread fabric on table preparatory to cutting.
- 7) May separate cutting waste according to color of material.
- 8) May be designated according to type of cutting machine used as Circular-Knife Cutter, Machine; Straight-Knife Cutter, Machine; or according to type of material, article, or part cut as Canvas Cutter, Machine; Cover Cutter, Machine; Drapery Cutter, Machine; Garment-Parts Cutter, Machine; Hat-Parts Cutter, Machine.
- 9) May be designated: House-Furnishings Cutter, Machine; Terry-Cloth Cutter, Machine; Upholstery Cutter, Machine.
Is being a "CUTTER, MACHINE I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CUTTER, MACHINE I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CUTTER, MACHINE I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CUTTER, MACHINE I"
Job Number: 2653