Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks to cut gaskets, diaphragms, or parts for hydraulic valves, radios, airplane deicers, and footwear from rubber sheeting, uncured rubber slabs, plastic, or cork: Mounts sheeting roll in letoff rack by hand or with hoist and pulls sheeting from roll or positions material on table.
- 2) Cements sheets together to build up required thickness or piles together layers for cutting multiple parts.
- 3) Places template on material, traces outline with pencil, and cuts out parts with scissors or cuts around template with knife.
- 4) Places cut parts on truck for removal to next process station.
- 5) Trims top of footwear following outline of binding or flash from molded heels or soles.
- 6) Cuts slot on side or V in front of footwear to permit insertion of foot.
- 7) Pares excess rubber or fabric from lasted toe to reduce thickness and prevent outsole from bulging at toe.
- 8) Stamps sizes on shoe soles, using stamp and pad, and places finished outsoles in book.
- 9) Embosses trademark on arch, using pedal-controlled press.
- 10) May be designated according to part cut as Outsole Cutter, Hand.
Is being a "CUTTER, HAND" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CUTTER, HAND" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CUTTER, HAND"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CUTTER, HAND"
Job Number: 2648