"CUT-OFF-SAW OPERATOR, PIPE BLANKS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine equipped with multiple abrasive blades that cuts asbestos-cement pipe into blanks in manufacture of pipe couplings: Adjusts and spaces abrasive blades to cut pipe to specified lengths, using wrench.
- 2) Turns crank to set hydraulic lifters that automatically raise blades that cut pipe.
- 3) Measures diameter of pipe, using tape measure, and turns handwheel to adjust position of pressure-drive roll according to diameter of pipe being cut.
- 4) Loads pipe onto feed rack by hand, or using monorail hoist, and rolls pipe into position over cutting blades.
- 5) Moves lever to lower pressure-drive roll that holds and rotates pipe during cutting process.
- 6) Presses buttons to start machine that cuts pipe into blanks.
- 7) Moves lever and pushes button to lift pressure-drive roll and withdraw cutting blades.
- 8) Moves lever to extend pivoted metal shaft through blanks to lift and remove coupling blanks from machine.
- 9) Inspects and measures blanks to verify conformity to specifications.
- 10) Marks identifying information onto blanks, using stencil, paint, and brush, and stacks pipe on steam tray.
- 11) Records production data.
Is being a "CUT-OFF-SAW OPERATOR, PIPE BLANKS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CUT-OFF-SAW OPERATOR, PIPE BLANKS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CUT-OFF-SAW OPERATOR, PIPE BLANKS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CUT-OFF-SAW OPERATOR, PIPE BLANKS"
Job Number: 2629