"CUT-OFF-SAW OPERATOR, METAL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates metal-sawing machines, such as hacksaw, bandsaw, circular saw, friction saw, and rubber-disk saw to cut metal stock to dimensions: Reads job order for specifications, such as material, type, and size of stock, and dimensions to be cut.
- 2) Obtains and transfers stock to machine, manually or with hoist.
- 3) Installs saw blade and sets blade tension and cutting speed for specified operation.
- 4) Sets saw blade angle to obtain desired angle cuts, using wrench.
- 5) Sets stops and guides to control dimension of cut, using steel rule and wrenches.
- 6) Positions and secures stock against stops or in feeding device.
- 7) Turns valve to start flow of coolant against cutting area.
- 8) Starts machine and observes operation.
- 9) Measures work for conformance to specifications, using rule.
- 10) Marks identifying data on workpiece.
- 11) Replaces defective cutting blade or wheel, using handtools.
- 12) May be required to have experience with custom or production work or with particular material, product, size of workpiece, or type or trade name of machine and be designated accordingly.
Is being a "CUT-OFF-SAW OPERATOR, METAL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CUT-OFF-SAW OPERATOR, METAL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CUT-OFF-SAW OPERATOR, METAL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CUT-OFF-SAW OPERATOR, METAL"
Job Number: 2628