Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends cutoff machine that automatically cuts sample sections of metal pipes for testing, and bevels, faces, and reams ends of pipes: Reviews pipe specifications to ascertain length of pipes and pressure setting of hydraulic press used for testing pipe sections.
- 2) Positions pipe stops on machine and beveling, facing, and reaming heads, according to pipe length specified, using handtools.
- 3) Turns knob on hydraulic press to pressure specified.
- 4) Pushes button controls to divert pipes to cutoff machine, to cut sample sections of each pipe, and to turn each pipe for beveling, facing, and reaming of pipe ends.
- 5) Positions sample sections of pipes under hydraulic press, pulls lever to crush pipe sections, and examines sections for broken welds.
- 6) Cuts additional sample sections of pipes not passing test, repeats test, and either accepts or rejects pipes according to test results.
- 7) Diverts defective pipes for further processing, and notifies supervisor.
- 8) Removes pipes that become wedged on conveyor, using cables, chains, and hoist.
- 9) Maintains tally of work done and oils machine as needed.
Is being a "CUT-OFF-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CUT-OFF-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CUT-OFF-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CUT-OFF-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 2625