Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates battery of one or more types of printing presses to print identifying data on paper sheets that are wound into tubes for shotgun shells: Places type block on press bed, arranges wooden blocks to hold it in desired position, and locks them in place by tightening wedges with key wrench.
- 2) Wraps and clamps tympan sheet around backing cylinder and fills reservoir with ink, using putty knife.
- 3) Fills feed tray with paper and turns valve to start suction of feed cups.
- 4) Starts press and runs proof sheet.
- 5) Examines it for uniformity of impression, alignment, and spacing, and feels imprint for depth.
- 6) Builds up tympan for darker impression by inserting sheets of tissue or thicker paper between cylinder and tympan or by cutting and pasting strips over light portions.
- 7) Mounts paper roll in rear cradle of cut and print machine, using chain hoist, and threads end through series of rollers to cutoff blade.
- 8) Selects curved printing plates with desired wording and screws them to printing cylinder.
- 9) Wraps and clamps tympan sheet around backing cylinder.
- 10) Runs proof and builds up impression.
- 11) Examines stock for deviation from color standard by holding it to light and pulling stock through fingers to determine texture.
- 12) Measures thickness of paper and skived edges, using dial indicator, to periodically verify conformance to specifications.
- 13) Adjusts guides, pickup fingers, and cylinder and roller alignment by trial and error, by turning setscrews, wingnuts and stopnuts, using handtools.
- 14) Turns gears to adjust length of cut.
- 15) Clears jammed paper from mechanism, using fingers or screwdriver.
Is being a "CUT-AND-PRINT-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CUT-AND-PRINT-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CUT-AND-PRINT-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CUT-AND-PRINT-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 2615