"CUSTOMS IMPORT SPECIALIST"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Examines, classifies, and appraises imported merchandise according to federal revenue laws, in order to enforce regulations of U.
- 3) Customs Service: Examines and appraises merchandise and accompanying documentation according to import requirements, considering legal restrictions, country of origin, import quotas, and current market values.
- 4) Requests laboratory testing and analyses of merchandise as needed.
- 5) Determines duty and taxes to be paid on imported merchandise, considering its classification and value.
- 6) Interviews importers and examines their records to verify integrity of invoices.
- 7) Determines and reports evidence of intent to defraud and violations of trademark, copyright, and marking laws.
- 8) Notifies other governmental agencies responsible for particular import inspection, or when apparent import violations concern other agency regulations.
- 9) Issues or denies permits to release imported merchandise for delivery, depending on importer's meeting legal requirements.
- 10) Appraises seized and unclaimed merchandise to be sold at public auction.
- 11) Assists federal attorneys in preparation and trial of cases in customs court by supplying technical information and advice, securing qualified witnesses and evidence, and appearing as a government witness.
- 12) May plan, coordinate, and evaluate work of import inspection team.
- 13) May defend appraisal of merchandise during court appeals by importers.
Is being a "CUSTOMS IMPORT SPECIALIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CUSTOMS IMPORT SPECIALIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CUSTOMS IMPORT SPECIALIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CUSTOMS IMPORT SPECIALIST"
Job Number: 2611