"CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Investigates customer complaints concerning gas leakage or low pressure, and abnormal consumption of gas or electricity by gas and electric appliances: Ascertains number and type of appliances used on premises to determine rate of utility consumption.
- 2) Turns off appliances and observes gas or electric meter to detect power leakage.
- 3) Examines meter and appliance connections for defects, such as shorts, grounds, and loose pipe joints to determine power loss or gas leakage.
- 4) Covers gas pipe joints with soapsuds and watches for bubble formation to determine position of leak.
- 5) Performs repairs and adjustments, such as cleaning and regulating gas burner jets, and replacing defective meters and gas regulators, using handtools.
- 6) Shuts off service and notifies repair crew of major repairs required, such as replacement of underground pipes or electric wiring.
- 7) May perform emergency repairs to gas service pipes between gas main and building.
- 8) May collect delinquent accounts.
- 9) May recommend and write specifications for distribution changes, such as house wiring, and relocation of poles or service lines, utilizing necessary right-of-way grants.
- 10) May investigate illegal use of gas or electricity.
Is being a "CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE"
Job Number: 2600