Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Investigates customer complaints about merchandise, service, billing, or credit rating: Examines records, such as bills, computer printouts, microfilm, meter readings, bills of lading, and related documents and correspondence, and converses or corresponds with customer and other company personnel, such as billing, credit, sales, service, or shipping, to obtain facts regarding customer complaint.
- 2) Examines pertinent information to determine accuracy of customer complaint and to determine responsibility for errors.
- 3) Notifies customer and designated personnel of findings, adjustments, and recommendations, such as exchange of merchandise, refund of money, credit of customer's account, or adjustment of customer's bill.
- 4) May recommend to management improvements in product, packaging, shipping methods, service, or billing methods and procedures to prevent future complaints of similar nature.
- 5) May examine merchandise to determine accuracy of complaint.
- 6) May follow up on recommended adjustments to ensure customer satisfaction.
- 7) May key information into computer to obtain computerized records.
- 8) May trace missing merchandise and be designated Tracer Clerk.
- 9) May investigate overdue and damaged shipments or shortages in shipments for common carrier and be designated Over-Short-And-Damage Clerk.
- 10) May be designated according to type of complaint adjusted as Bill Adjuster; Merchandise-Adjustment Clerk; Service Investigator.
Is being a "CUSTOMER-COMPLAINT CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CUSTOMER-COMPLAINT CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CUSTOMER-COMPLAINT CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CUSTOMER-COMPLAINT CLERK"
Job Number: 2603