Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Develops designs and makes tailored garments, such as suits, topcoats, overcoats, and other dress clothing, applying principles of garment design, construction, and styling: Confers with customer to determine type of material and garment style desired.
- 2) Measures customer for size and records measurements for use in preparing patterns and making garment.
- 3) Develops designs for garments or copies existing designs.
- 4) Draws individual pattern for garment or alters standard pattern to fit customer's measurements.
- 5) Outlines patterns of garment parts on fabric and cuts fabric along outlines, using scissors.
- 6) Assembles garments, sewing padding to coat fronts, lapels, and collars to give them shape and joining garment parts with basting stitches, using needle and thread or sewing machine.
- 7) Fits basted garment on customer and marks areas requiring alterations.
- 8) Alters garment and joins parts, using needle and thread or sewing machine.
- 9) Sews buttons and buttonholes to finish garment.
- 11) May supervise activities of other workers in tailoring shop.
- 12) May specialize in making garments and be designated Coat Tailor.
- 13) May perform specific tasks in tailor shop and be designated Coat Fitter; Try-On Baster.
Is being a "CUSTOM TAILOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CUSTOM TAILOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CUSTOM TAILOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CUSTOM TAILOR"
Job Number: 2596