"CUSTOM SKI MAKER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates customized skis, using knowledge of materials and techniques of production: Examines designs and confers with engineering personnel to determine production specifications.
- 2) Computes deviations from standard specifications required to produce customized skis.
- 3) Collects parts required and fabricates cams and core form needed to make skis, using planing machine.
- 4) Turns knobs to adjust temperature of mold press to specified setting.
- 5) Positions parts, such as heel pad, toe-edge, and shims in female die of mold.
- 6) Wraps fiberglass around polyurethane foam core, pours epoxy resin over core, and positions core in female die of heated mold press for shaping.
- 7) Removes ski from die, scrapes edge with putty knife to remove resin flash, and mounts ski in rack to stabilize camber and torsion.
- 8) Visually inspects finish applied to skis by other production workers to ensure compliance with specifications.
- 9) Verifies configuration of skis in repose and under stress, using micrometer, rulers, and weight-distribution measurement graph.
- 10) Records information on materials used and techniques applied to fabricate skis.
Is being a "CUSTOM SKI MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CUSTOM SKI MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CUSTOM SKI MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CUSTOM SKI MAKER"
Job Number: 2595