"CUPOLA OPERATOR, INSULATION"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates water-cooled cupola furnace and related equipment to melt coke, slag, basalt, lime, and silica into molten mineral, and spins molten mineral into mineral wool fibers: Lights fire in furnace to melt charge.
- 2) Reads gauges and turns valves to regulate water and steam pressure.
- 3) Observes melting of ingredients in furnace through porthole, and adjusts airblast on flaming coke bed to control intensity of heat and melting process.
- 4) Activates spinning wheel.
- 5) Removes taphole plug to allow molten stream to flow into water-cooled furnace trough, over high-pressure steam jet and into spinning wheel, to be spun into mineral wool fibers.
- 6) Observes color intensity and flow of molten stream to determine suitability for spinning.
- 7) Adjusts distance of steam ring and spinning wheel from end of trough to control length of spun fibers.
- 8) Scrapes residue slag from trough and spinning wheel, using bar and scraper.
Is being a "CUPOLA OPERATOR, INSULATION" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CUPOLA OPERATOR, INSULATION" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CUPOLA OPERATOR, INSULATION"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CUPOLA OPERATOR, INSULATION"
Job Number: 2573