Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates precision saws to slice wafers from semiconductor crystal ingots, such as silicon or gallium arsenide: Attaches mounted crystal to holding fixture of automatic feed on saw, using clamps.
- 2) Adjusts saw controls to set speed and angle of saw blade, thickness of cut, and angle of holding fixture.
- 3) Operates saw to cut sample wafer from crystal ingot.
- 4) Measures crystal orientation of sample wafer, using x-ray machine, and measures thickness of sample wafer, using calipers or thickness gauge.
- 5) Inspects sample wafer for flaws, such as saw marks, chips, bow, and taper.
- 6) Readjusts saw controls based on measurements and inspection.
- 7) Starts saw and observes operation of saw to ensure wafers are sliced according to specifications.
- 8) Removes sliced wafers from saw and cleans wafers in sink or ultrasonic cleaner.
- 9) May mount crystal ingot to mounting block.
- 10) May be designated according to type of saw operated as V-Block Saw Operator; Wire Saw Operator.
Is being a "CRYSTAL SLICER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CRYSTAL SLICER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CRYSTAL SLICER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CRYSTAL SLICER"
Job Number: 2556