Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cruises forest land to estimate volume of marketable timber and collect data concerning forest conditions for appraisal, sales, administration, logging, land use, and forest management planning: Traverses forest area on foot in established pattern and applies sampling technique.
- 2) Sights over scale stick to estimate height and diameter of each tree in sample.
- 3) Estimates loss of marketable volume due to defects, such as rot and bends in tree, and computes quantity of usable wood in each tree.
- 4) Logs cruise data and prepares summary report of timber types, sizes, condition, and outstanding features of area, such as existing roads, streams, lakes, and communication facilities.
- 5) May mark trees with spray paint to denote trail, boundary, or for cutting.
- 6) May be designated Chief Cruiser when leading a crew.
Is being a "CRUISER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CRUISER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CRUISER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CRUISER"
Job Number: 2533