Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates chemical, electrical, and centrifugal oil-treatment units to remove sediment and water from crude oil before transporting oil by pipeline to refineries: Opens valves and starts pumps to pump oil from storage tanks to treating units.
- 2) Opens valves to mix specified chemicals with oil, and adjusts controls to heat mixture to specified temperature.
- 3) Starts centrifugal machines that break up oil and water emulsions and drain off water.
- 4) Opens valves and starts pumps to transfer oil into settling tanks where sediment is precipitated from oil.
- 5) Tests sample in gravity- or centrifugal-separation machine to determine content of oil specified for pipeline transportation.
- 6) Pumps treated oil into pipelines leading to refinery.
- 7) Cleans and lubricates motors, pumps, and other moving parts of units.
- 8) Records data, such as volume of oil treated, operating temperatures of units, and test results.
- 9) May operate pumps at oil well sites.
Is being a "CRUDE-OIL TREATER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CRUDE-OIL TREATER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CRUDE-OIL TREATER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CRUDE-OIL TREATER"
Job Number: 2532