Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Stacks glued crossbands alternately with core stock to assemble plywood panels for bonding, working as member of team: Grasps glue-coated crossbands as they emerge from glue spreader and places them cross-grained between back sheet, core stock, and face sheet placed by VENEER-STOCK LAYER until specified ply is obtained.
- 2) Discards broken crossbands.
- 3) Pushes assembled panels down conveyor to hot-plate press for bonding into plywood.
- 4) May assist GLUE SPREADER, VENEER to clean rollers of glue spreader.
- 5) May brush glue on irregularly shaped veneer sheets that will not fit in glue spreader.
- 6) May assemble 3-ply panels alone, laying back sheet, glued core or inner sheet, and face sheet in sequence, and be designated Plywood Builder.
Is being a "CROSSBAND LAYER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CROSSBAND LAYER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CROSSBAND LAYER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CROSSBAND LAYER"
Job Number: 2523