Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Provides financial counseling to individuals in debt: Confers with client to ascertain available monthly income after living expenses to meet credit obligations.
- 2) Calculates amount of debt and funds available to plan method of payoff and estimate time for debt liquidation.
- 3) Contacts creditors to explain client's financial situation and to arrange for payment adjustments so that payments are feasible for client and agreeable to creditors.
- 4) Establishes payment priorities to reduce client's overall costs by liquidating high-interest, short-term loans or contracts first.
- 5) Opens account for client and disburses funds from account to creditors as agent for client.
- 6) Keeps records of account activity.
- 7) May counsel client on personal and family financial problems, such as excessive spending and borrowing of funds, and be designated Budget Consultant.
- 8) May be required to be licensed by state agency.
Is being a "CREDIT COUNSELOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CREDIT COUNSELOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CREDIT COUNSELOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CREDIT COUNSELOR"
Job Number: 2500