Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Processes applications of individuals applying for loans and credit: Interviews applicant to obtain personal and financial data and fills out application.
- 2) Calls or writes to credit bureaus, employers, and personal references to check credit and personal references.
- 3) Establishes credit limit, considering such factors as applicant's assets, credit experience, and personal references, based on predetermined standards.
- 4) Notifies customer by mail, telephone, or in person of acceptance or rejection of application.
- 5) May keep record or file of credit transactions, deposits, and payments, and sends letters or confers with customers having delinquent accounts to make payment.
- 6) May send form letters and brochures to solicit business from prospective customers.
- 7) May adjust incorrect credit charges and grant extensions of credit on overdue accounts.
- 8) May accept payment on accounts.
- 9) May keep record of applications for loans and credit, using computer.
- 10) May compute interest and payments, using calculator.
- 11) May provide customer credit information or rating on request to retail stores, credit agencies, or banks.
- 12) May check value of customer's collateral, such as securities, held as security for loan.
- 13) May advise customer by phone or in writing about loan or credit information.
- 14) May assist customer in filling out loan or credit application.
Is being a "CREDIT CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CREDIT CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CREDIT CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CREDIT CLERK"
Job Number: 2498