Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates wooden crates or boxes, using woodworking handtools and powered tools, and packs such items as machinery, vehicles, or other large or odd-shaped products: Reads blueprints, shipping notices, and other specifications, and inspects product to determine size and shape of container, materials to be used, and types of supports and braces to be used.
- 2) Lays out dimensions on materials with ruler, measuring tape, and pencil.
- 3) Saws materials to size, using handsaws and powered saws.
- 4) Assembles materials, using nailing or stapling machine, screws, bolts, glue, and handtools.
- 5) Places product in container, manually or using hoist.
- 6) Bolts heavy pieces to bottom of container or skid.
- 7) Wraps and pads product with excelsior, paper or other packing material.
- 8) Builds crate around large or odd-shaped articles.
- 10) Wraps and tightens metal bands around crate, using banding equipment.
- 11) Attaches identification labels or stencils containing such information as shipping destination, weight, and type of product contained on crate.
- 12) Repairs broken crates.
- 13) May cover military tanks and other equipment with neoprene or other protective covering to protect them during shipment.
- 14) May count items to be packed to ensure compliance with shipping orders.
- 15) May weigh loaded crate.
- 16) May move container to shipping area, and move lumber, paper, and other wrapping supplies to crating area, using hand or industrial truck.
- 17) May sharpen saw blades, using file.
- 18) May be designated according to item crated as Machinery Crater; Refrigerator Crater, or specific duty performed as Crate Repairer.
Is being a "CRATER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CRATER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CRATER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CRATER"
Job Number: 2487