Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Demonstrates and explains techniques and purposes of handicraft or other activity, such as candle dipping, horseshoeing, or soap making, as part of display in history or folk museum, or restored or refurbished farm, village, or neighborhood: Studies historical and technical literature to acquire information about time period and lifestyle depicted in display and craft techniques associated with time and area, to devise plan for authentic presentation of craft.
- 2) Drafts outline of talk, assisted by research personnel, to acquaint visitors with customs and crafts associated with folk life depicted.
- 3) Practices techniques involved in handicraft to ensure accurate and skillful demonstrations.
- 4) Molds candles, shoes horses, operates looms, or engages in other crafts or activities, working in appropriate period setting, to demonstrate craft to visitors.
- 5) Explains techniques of craft, and points out relationship of craft to lifestyle depicted to assist visitors to comprehend traditional techniques of work and play peculiar to time and area.
- 6) Answers visitor questions or refers visitor to other sources for information.
Is being a "CRAFT DEMONSTRATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CRAFT DEMONSTRATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CRAFT DEMONSTRATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CRAFT DEMONSTRATOR"
Job Number: 2483