"CRAB MEAT PROCESSOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks in processing crab meat for canning, freezing, or packing: Separates claws from crabs, positions claws in metal holder used to facilitate breaking claw shells, and breaks shells of claws and crabs, using knife or metal rod.
- 2) Picks meat from shells, using knife and fingers.
- 3) Feels meat for presence of shell and removes shell pieces by hand.
- 4) Inspects meat for discoloration and discards meat not meeting company requirements.
- 5) Places meat in containers for further processing.
- 6) Gathers filled containers of meat, places containers on scale, and adds or removes meat from containers to obtain specified weight.
- 7) Closes lids of containers, places containers in cartons, and seals cartons, using tape.
- 8) May disjoint legs and body of large crabs, using power saw, and be known as Sawyer.
- 9) May remove crab meat from smaller ends of leg segments, using pedal-controlled air jet, and be known as Blower.
Is being a "CRAB MEAT PROCESSOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CRAB MEAT PROCESSOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CRAB MEAT PROCESSOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CRAB MEAT PROCESSOR"
Job Number: 2477