Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs clerical duties in court of law: Prepares docket or calendar of cases to be called, using typewriter.
- 2) Examines legal documents submitted to court for adherence to law or court procedures, prepares case folders, and posts, files, or routes documents.
- 3) Explains procedures or forms to parties in case.
- 4) Secures information for judges, and contacts witnesses, attorneys, and litigants to obtain information for court, and instructs parties when to appear in court.
- 5) Notifies district attorney's office of cases prosecuted by district attorney.
- 6) Administers oath to witnesses.
- 7) Records minutes of court proceedings, using stenotype machine or shorthand, and transcribes testimony, using typewriter.
- 8) Records case disposition, court orders, and arrangement for payment of court fees.
- 9) Collects court fees or fines and records amounts collected.
Is being a "COURT CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COURT CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COURT CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COURT CLERK"
Job Number: 2465