Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Organizes and conducts cooperative extension program to advise and instruct farmers and individuals engaged in agri-business in applications of agricultural research findings: Collects, analyzes, and evaluates agricultural data; plans and develops techniques; and advises farmers to assist in solving problems, such as crop rotation and soil erosion.
- 2) Delivers lectures and prepares articles concerning subjects, such as farm management and soil conservation.
- 3) Demonstrates practical procedures used in solving agricultural problems.
- 4) Discusses extension program with representatives of commercial organizations, county government, and other groups to inform them of program services and to obtain their cooperation in encouraging use of services.
- 5) Prepares activity, planning, and other reports and maintains program records.
- 6) Prepares budget requests, or assists in their preparation.
- 7) May supervise and coordinate activities of other county extension workers.
- 8) May direct 4-H Club activities.
- 9) May be designated by specific program assignment as Agri-Business Agent; Farm-Management Agent; Horticultural Agent; Livestock Agent; Resource Agent.
Is being a "COUNTY-AGRICULTURAL AGENT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COUNTY-AGRICULTURAL AGENT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COUNTY-AGRICULTURAL AGENT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COUNTY-AGRICULTURAL AGENT"
Job Number: 2461