Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Counsels individuals and provides group educational and vocational guidance services: Collects, organizes, and analyzes information about individuals through records, tests, interviews, and professional sources, to appraise their interests, aptitudes, abilities, and personality characteristics, for vocational and educational planning.
- 2) Compiles and studies occupational, educational, and economic information to aid counselees in making and carrying out vocational and educational objectives.
- 3) Refers students to placement service.
- 4) Assists individuals to understand and overcome social and emotional problems.
- 5) May engage in research and follow-up activities to evaluate counseling techniques.
- 7) May be designated according to area of activity as Academic Counselor; Career Placement Services Counselor; Employment Counselor; Guidance Counselor; Vocational Adviser.
Is being a "COUNSELOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COUNSELOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COUNSELOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COUNSELOR"
Job Number: 2442