Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs and inspects rectifier stations and anodes used to minimize corrosive effects of static-electricity discharge between gas pipeline and ground: Measures electric current present in ground, using voltmeter, ammeter, and resistivity meter.
- 2) Compares electrical quantities with written standard to identify ground areas in which electric current exceeds permissible maximum.
- 3) Buries rectifier or anode near pipe.
- 4) Welds connector to pipe, using thermite welding device, and connects wire between connector and anode to complete circuit.
- 5) Installs insulating flanges at pipe joints to isolate sections of pipe protected by rectifier stations.
- 6) Periodically tests rectifiers to verify efficiency and replaces defective units.
Is being a "CORROSION-CONTROL FITTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CORROSION-CONTROL FITTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CORROSION-CONTROL FITTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CORROSION-CONTROL FITTER"
Job Number: 2416