Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Directs investigation of deaths occurring within jurisdiction as required by law: Directs activities of staff physicians, technicians, and investigators involved with conducting inquests, performing autopsies, conducting pathological and toxicological analyses, and investigating circumstances of deaths in order to determine cause and fix responsibility for accidental, violent, or unexplained deaths, or contracts for such services with outside physicians, medical laboratories, and law enforcement agencies.
- 2) Testifies at inquests, hearings, and court trials.
- 3) Confers with officials of public health and law enforcement agencies to coordinate interdepartmental activities.
- 4) Coordinates activities for disposition of unclaimed corpse and personal effects of deceased.
- 5) Directs activities of workers involved in preparing documents for permanent records.
- 6) May assist relatives of deceased in negotiations concerning payment of insurance policies or burial benefits by providing information concerning circumstances of death.
- 7) May be required by law or ordinance to have specified medical or legal training.
Is being a "CORONER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CORONER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CORONER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CORONER"
Job Number: 3075