Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties, as crewmember, to cast and bake ground cork mixture into slabs: Lubricates mold to prevent mixture from adhering to sides, using spray gun or oil-soaked rags.
- 2) Weighs and dumps specified quantity of mixture into mold; or opens overhead storage outlet to fill mold with mixture.
- 3) Lifts and places pressure plate on mold and inserts holding pins to secure plate.
- 4) Moves mold under hydraulic press, using chain hoist.
- 5) Presses button to lower ram that exerts pressure on plate and compresses mixture to prescribed density and hardness.
- 6) Releases ram, pulls holding pins from mold, and pries off pressure plate, using pinchbar.
- 7) Fastens monorail hoist to mold frame and pushes mold into oven.
- 8) Observes gauges and moves controls to maintain predetermined oven temperature.
- 9) Removes mold from oven and cast slab from mold, after specified time.
- 10) May be designated according to specific task performed as Mold Filler; Mold Hoister; Mold Sprayer.
Is being a "CORK MOLDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CORK MOLDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CORK MOLDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CORK MOLDER"
Job Number: 2399