Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Makes clay cores around which ferrous and nonferrous pipe is cast: Clamps rod in bench vises so that it can be rotated.
- 2) Wraps rod with paper, straw, or jute, tying it firmly in place with twine.
- 3) Mixes mud, sand, and loam to form clay.
- 4) Spreads clay over wrapping, adding molasses to make mixture cohesive and working coating by hand so that it is smooth and even.
- 5) Spreads core blacking over core and places it in drying oven for specified time.
- 6) Removes dried core and applies second coating to bring core to specified diameter.
- 7) Spreads blacking on core and returns it to oven for final drying.
Is being a "COREMAKER, PIPE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COREMAKER, PIPE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COREMAKER, PIPE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COREMAKER, PIPE"
Job Number: 2394