"COREMAKER, MACHINE I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends turnover draw-type coremaking machine that makes sand cores for use in casting metal: Clamps core box over die on front table of machine, and partly fills core box with sand from overhead chute, or by using hands or shovel.
- 2) Depresses pedal to open compressed-air valve that causes table to rise and fall with series of jolts, to compress sand in box.
- 3) Positions reinforcing wires in sand, fills box with sand, and repeats jolting.
- 4) Tamps sand into core box with hand or pneumatic tool.
- 5) Removes excess sand from top of core box with hands or straightedge and clamps metal plate to top of box.
- 6) Pulls lever to roll front table over and deposit box top down on rear table.
- 7) Pushes rear table down to withdraw core from core box and lifts core from machine.
Is being a "COREMAKER, MACHINE I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COREMAKER, MACHINE I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COREMAKER, MACHINE I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COREMAKER, MACHINE I"
Job Number: 2391