"CORE WINDING OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls section of paper machine to wind paper onto core to make jumbo roll of specified dimensions: Positions empty core on machine carriage and tightens support clamps, using hoist and wrench.
- 2) Tears continuous sheet, using compressed airhose, when roll is filled and blows free end around revolving empty core to start new roll.
- 3) Removes full roll from machine with hoist.
- 4) Turns handwheel to regulate tension on paper being wound on new roll.
- 5) Examines sheet for defects, such as dirt, slime spots, holes, and wrinkles, and marks defective portions with chalk.
- 6) Periodically runs hand along winding roll of paper to test for tension and to feel for soft spots and lumps.
- 7) Cleans lint from calender rolls, using hand scraper and cloth.
Is being a "CORE WINDING OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CORE WINDING OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CORE WINDING OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CORE WINDING OPERATOR"
Job Number: 2381