"COOK, SYRUP MAKER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates equipment to mix and cook ingredients to produce flavoring extracts and syrup: Scans formula sheet to determine proportion of ingredients required, such as sugar, water, and flavoring.
- 2) Pushes buttons to admit automatically metered ingredients into blending tank and to activate mixer.
- 3) Observes mixture to ensure that color and consistency conform to company specifications.
- 4) Pushes buttons to pump mixture to cooking kettle.
- 5) Opens valves to admit steam into pressure cooker to invert sugar, eliminate air, and sterilize syrup.
- 6) Observes gauges and adjusts valves to regulate temperature and pressure while cooking mixture.
- 7) Presses switch to activate paddles to stir mixture and prevent scorching.
- 8) Tests batch to determine viscosity or specific gravity and sugar content, using viscometer, hydrometer, and refractometer.
- 9) Presses switches to activate equipment to filter impurities and pump syrup into holding tanks.
- 10) Maintains production records.
Is being a "COOK, SYRUP MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COOK, SYRUP MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COOK, SYRUP MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COOK, SYRUP MAKER"
Job Number: 2337