"COOK, SOYBEAN SPECIALTIES"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment that processes soybeans to make soymilk, tofu, tempeh, and related products: Pours specified quantity of presoaked soybeans into mill hopper and depresses button to start grinding of beans and flow of bean mash into steam-jacketed cooker.
- 2) Adds specified amount of water to mash and stirs mash to prevent burns and boilovers, using paddle.
- 3) Sprays cooker exterior with water to maintain temperature in acceptable range.
- 4) At end of prescribed time, turns valve to allow mash to flow into filter-lined hydraulic press tub.
- 5) Depresses controls to actuate press that expresses soymilk from mash and pumps milk into vats.
- 6) Heats and injects additives into soymilk to form curd, using syringe, skims off and discards surface residue, using ladle, and places weights on curd to express whey from curd to form tofu.
- 7) Adds flavorings and stabilizers to soymilk and cooks and freezes mix, using steam cooker and freezing machine, to make soy ice cream.
- 8) Cooks whole soybeans, mixes tempeh mold with cooked rice to make tempeh starter, and mixes incubated starter with cooked soybeans to form tempeh.
- 9) Fills packaging containers with product, following prescribed procedures.
- 10) May blend and cook bean mash or processed soy products with other ingredients to prepare ready-to-eat packaged foods.
- 11) May be designated according to product prepared as Soyfreeze Operator; Tempeh Maker; Tofu Maker.
Is being a "COOK, SOYBEAN SPECIALTIES" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "COOK, SOYBEAN SPECIALTIES" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "COOK, SOYBEAN SPECIALTIES"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "COOK, SOYBEAN SPECIALTIES"
Job Number: 2333